Thursday, December 17, 2009
25 Days of Christmas Memories- December 14
A fond Christmas memory I have is the year Karissa was born. I had a push to do her blessing in December. We were going to wait until the weather was better and do it in Jan or Feb, but I just knew I had to do it in December. So we did. Ben's Grandma wasn't feeling the best and his Grandpa had died in January so she kept saying that she wasn't going to continue living without him. She got sick not long after the blessing and died on Christmas Day. It was a bitter sweet day. Grandpa got the greatest Christmas gift to have his sweetheart join him on Christmas, and the family got the joy of reminiscing for the holiday on her life and the joy she brought to the family. She was such a sweet lady and immediately accepted me as one of the kids when Ben and I got married. It was fun listening to the different versions of her tell a story vs. Grandpa's version. I was especially thankful that she got to spend some of her last joyful moments with Karissa. She will always be missed, and Christmas will always bring a memory of Grandma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment