This is a new memory that will always renew my belief that Christmas miracles do exist.
Ben and I decided that we would go to the Temple this year and see if we could get some direction on what to do about work. We have been contemplating moving and just unsure about what to do. We debated whether to go on the 23 or wait until after Christmas. We felt that we just as well go before Christmas, it would be pretty neat anyway. So we decided we would go to the 4:30 session. My sister-in-law offered to let Karissa come play at her house so we were just getting ready to leave when she called and said she was just leaving Nephi and would be home soon. So we waited for her. Then we had to stop and get gas, so we were cutting it a little close anyway. We got in the canyon and there was a person driving so slow because it was snowing. Ben said to me "It looks like someone doesn't want us to go to the 4:30 session for some reason." I told him that I didn't care what session we went to as long as we received some direction. I needed to stop at Walmart and grab a few things for my families christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, so we stopped there first. I had 1 more gift I needed to grab for Ben, so I ran in while he sat in the car. I was trying to find yams, so I was going up and down every ailse trying to find them. I got to the cheese and remembered I needed to get some cheese as well, so I would get that and begin searching for yams again. There were tonz of people standing in that area and I couldn't get to the cheese. I decided to just stand and wait for a few people to move so I could get to it. So, I was just standing there going through my list in my head when an guy in a brown trench coat walks up to me pulls and enevelope from his pocket hands it to me and says "Merry Christmas Heather" natural reaction is to say Thank You then it dawned on me what just happened. I glanced down at the envelope and noticed it had money in it. I turned around to return the envelope to the gentleman who had vanished. How he got through the crowd is beyond me, but he was just gone. My head was whirrling. I grabbed my cheese and turned around to find the yams right behind where I had just been standing. I grabbed the other couple of things I needed and left. When I got back to the car I handed the envelope to Ben and told him I had the strangest thing just happen to me. I told him what had happened. He asked me if I knew the person. I looked at his face when I thanked him, but didn't know who he was. Ben opened the envelope to find a $100 bill inside with a saying from Mother Teresa about doing good. We both cried. We went to the temple with a little different spirit in our hearts than what we started out with and had a beautiful session. It was a perfect reminder that Miracles in life do happen. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are aware of each of us and knows what we are in need of. Things in life sometimes happen to put us back on a straight path, and as long as we make our decisions based on what the Lord would have us do we will always be blessed for doing that which is right.
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment