It's often the little

things
that go unnoticed until we slow

down enough to really see them
!





Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Have you seen the Goblins?

Our trip to the San Rafel was so much fun! It was nice to get away from it all and relax and spend some time with my little punkin and my sweetheart. We had bad weather Wednesday and it was so cold, Thursday morning was that way too, but we went truck exploring on Thursday and the afternoon was quite nice. I wish I knew more about the petroglyphs. I would love to know what the Indians were trying to say. We were saying wouldn't it be funny if all it was was a way to keep the kids busy???--Here is some paint go keep yourself busy at that rock overthere while Mom and Dad talk!!! We also went to the old Uranium mines and now we have a third generation picture of our first car and first house.
Friday we went to Goblin Valley and had a lot of fun chasing Karissa around the Goblins- Have you seen the Goblins? She really enjoyed being let loose and just exploring around. I think she gets tired of hold my hand, where are you going, get down- so this was a free territory to do and go wherever she wanted. She was tired of pictures by then though so she kept telling me Mommy no more put it down the camera!
Saturday was finally a super nice day and we took the 4-wheelers around, we went to Swasey's Cabin (I have ancestory that lived there so it was cool to see where all the family stories originated). We explored the petroglyphs and dutchman's arch and then we went up the Buckhorn wash, it was so beautiful, unfortunately I didn't get any pictures because we were on the 4-wheelers and we were going so fast. I guess I just have to go back!!!! Ben figures we went about 130 miles on the 4-wheelers that day. His dad brought the Jeep and we all took turns on the 4-wheelers and in the Jeep. Karissa was a trooper and rode with Ben and I most of the time on the 4-wheeler. She did ride with Lalee (Lea) in the truck for a while up the buckhorn wash. My fingers are short and fat and the next morning my hand and wrist was all swollen from trying to drive.
Sunday we got up and went for a short "Sunday Drive" on the 4-wheelers. We seen tonz of wild burrows. Then on our way home Ben's uncle Garth's truck started being funny (poor guy-he doesn't ever have good luck). So we had to leave him off the side of the freeway at Fish Lake so we could take Ben's dad's trailer and drop it in Salina and then go back and get Garth's. Then they took Garth's trailer to our house for the night and Ben and his Dad went back to Salina and picked up the other trailer. They hit a deer on the ride home (just when they thought they were on the home stretch). Luckily it didn't do much damage. He will have to get a new bike tire and some repairs to the bumper (whew!!! that was close). Word from the wise--- It takes a long time to get from San Rafel to Levan when you are traveling 10 miles per hour. Make extra time!!! We left at 3:00 and Ben and his Dad made it back to our house around 11:30 that night. A shower never felt so good though! Dust tends to stick in every crevis there is possible. I think I'm still blowing dust out of my nose:) Karissa took her sand toys from the Easter Bunny and one night played by the camp fire for ever talk about a dirty girl with a diaper full of dirt. It was worth the fun of watching her have fun thought. It was so much fun to just spend time with everyone and I definately need to find how to make money taking pictures-and I might need some practice and help before I get started-I think I'm a little rusty!!! I guess we'll have to go back sometime soon though-I still need to find the Goblins, and I would love to see it at dark- The Goblins are easier to find that way!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe that is where we should take our trip. Love Goblin Valley.

    ReplyDelete