Monday, April 13, 2009
Easter and a spiritual thought
Easter this year was crazy, but a lot of fun. Karissa is so exicted because she got some princess sandals and they have lights on them. She also got a wagon that she can play with in the sand when we go camping she has been pulling it everywhere we go. I contemplated alot on Easter about life and where it is going and were we would be without the Savior in life. Our lesson in Relief Society was on trials. It was so awesome (thanks Steph!!) Where would we be without our trials? I know I wouldn't be where I am today and I wouldn't be the person I've become. I've often heard it said set a goal and work toward being the person you want to be and in the future when you look back you'll be pleasantly surprised at who you've become if you just stick to it. As I sat in Relief Society and listened to the sisters comment about trials and tribulations and things they've overcome and things they are dealing with I began to feel like my trails are nothing. One sister talked about a book her and her husband read together everynight about suffering and trails and how they didn't know how much more they could take and they thought he was going to die and they wanted to live life to the fullest with what little time they might have left- so all he wanted was to spend his time with his wonderful wife and read together. Amazingly they finally found out what was wrong with him and he is doing much better-but what a man. It made me realize that we should treasure what we have now and not want for the "other" things in life. Just be happy now and live each day to it's fullest. After all Ben and I have been through and all that we have tried for and wanted I finally realized that I have such a blessing in Karissa and such a miracle that has happened to me the last 3 years in so many ways that I'll just be happy now and live one day at a time and work through whatever may come my way and I'll be taken care of- It'll all be okay!!! Christ gave us that. Amazing!!! It's not an easy road and experiences are humbling, but we have our health and we still have each other and everything is great!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What a great attitude! Thanks for sharing. Sometimes we really do get cought up in our own lives that we forget about the things people are suffering around us. We really don't have it that bad, and the trials we do go through the Savior will give us the strength to get through. Love you Heath! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat is was awesome. It looks great. Don't worry to much about. You learn more as you go.
ReplyDelete