It's often the little

things
that go unnoticed until we slow

down enough to really see them
!





Friday, February 18, 2011

Weekly Update

Wednesday my AFI was still in normal range, but had dropped to 12.87, which they were a little uneasy about such a big drop in only a week. The baby was measuring 36 weeks 5 days, so he's still growing and is estimated at 6 lb 8 oz. My NST had a lot of decelerations in his heart (as low as 111), so my doctor wanted me to go back again today for another NST and told me that if the decelerations were still going as low that they'd consider inducing me or even taking him c-section if the decelertions were bad enough.

I took it easy (seriously) yesterday and didn't even go into work. I guess it worked, today he had decelerations, but not as bad as they were Wednesday (only got down to 120). They did have to scare him awake though because for the first 15 minutes his heart rate didn't fluctuate more than 2-3 bmp- that one felt really strange. They sent me home feeling a lot better today than I did on Wednesday. Depending on where his heart rate is at on Wednesday next week will determine if I still have to go in twice a week or just back to my once a week (if it had been bad today I might still be there or I might be going back tomorrow).

I'm relieved that I might make it full-term although my doctor said that it is normal for a woman's body to have her children all around the same gestational timing. Karissa was 11 days early, so we'll see how much longer we make it (that would put me sauntering into the hospital in panic mode next Thursday). Still keeping my fingers crossed for at least 2 more weeks- we still need to get the crib ready and I need to wash the cover for the car seat, I'm a good procrastinator.

However, I am running out of easy dinner ideas, so if I make it full-term I'm going to have to dig deep and get creative with dinner (Ben will LOVE that!) I still think I'd rather dig deep for dinner ideas than have a baby tomorrow-there's always frozen pizza :)

No comments:

Post a Comment