It's often the little

things
that go unnoticed until we slow

down enough to really see them
!





Monday, February 14, 2011

Update...

I guess the count down is on...at my appointments last week, they just about kept me in the hospital because the baby's heartrate kept fluctuating from 123 to 197 bmp. The nurse kept me an extra 45 minutes to monitor it and make sure that everything was okay. She called my doctor and he told her to let me come to my appointment and we'd go from there. My AFI was still in a normal range at 13.82. They estimated he was between 5 lb 4 oz and 6 lb 2 oz from the ultrasound. He has twisted a little and has his face completely against the placenta, so we couldn't get any pictures this time.

My doctor sent me home, thank heavens, with instructions to TAKE IT EASY and try not to stress and put extra pressure on the baby's heart. How are you supposed to not stress with news like that. I also lost most of my mucus plug and was dialated to a 2 already. He told me to keep track of fetal kick counts and to admit myself if they slowed down, or if I hadn't noticed any movement for a few hours at a time. Taking it easy for me is like driving myself crazy-so I might become admitted mentally. I've been trying to take my mind off it and teach Karissa math to keep my mind occupied. She is doing really well, I've been using M&M's and she has her 1+ and 2+ up to 10 all figured out. I'm still trying to work a couple hours a day a few days a week just to get things wrapped up before I take maternity leave, but found out today that the annexation I've been working on since November was done wrong-hopefully I don't have to start ALL over again, I'll find out tomorrow.

So we are down to 3 official weeks, but probably any day now...ready or not. My Dad's birthday is tomorrow, Feb 15, so I keep teasing Ben that since we aren't giving him my Dad's name he is going to give him his birthday. I really hope it turns out to be teasing. If I don't go into labor tomorrow, I go in for testing again on Wednesday and we'll see where we are at. Ben still has his fingers crossed for March 15...NOT February 15 (as he keeps telling the baby).

No comments:

Post a Comment