It's often the little

things
that go unnoticed until we slow

down enough to really see them
!





Monday, February 27, 2012

Vernal-- Really????

Ben has gotten to the point in school that he can start looking for internships and student jobs for his new career. So we've been sending out applications since November. Last weekend he got a phone call and a job offer to go to Vernal for the summer. At first we were both like....Vernal- Really????? But we both feel good about it and think it will be a good thing for our families' future.
I told my work that I wanted to take a leave of absence for the summer and boy have I gotten crap about it. One councilmember even feels like maybe they should just hire someone new in my position. One councilmember really fights to keep me, thankfully- he appreciates that I try and that I have 7 years of learning how the town operates behind me. After what I heard today, if I didn't need a job I would've left the Mayor my keys.
Our office is part-time, honestly is it really so bad that I want to take the summer off. I plan to be there on council meeting days and for payroll and be available by phone, but obviously that is unacceptable-even though when I brought it up in my last meeting no one had a problem with it because we are hiring someone else anyway. How frustrating.
BUT, at least Ben has his foot in the right direction. I guess if it comes down to it I'll look for a new job when we return in August. Now I just need to get things ready so we can live in the trailer for the summer. Ben is giving his 2 weeks notice today at Nephi Sandstone so he can be finished to have time to study for finals. SCARY, SCARY- but FUN and EXCITING TOO!

1 comment:

  1. Vernal??? Really??? Wow. I hardly see you now. But it's just for the summer right????? Best of luck though. sometimes its fun to set out on a new adventure!

    ReplyDelete