It's often the little

things
that go unnoticed until we slow

down enough to really see them
!





Monday, January 2, 2012

Looking back on 2011 and looking forward to 2012

2011 was a happy/sad year. It was a year of...


Exitement: Reed was born in February and is growing to be quite the little man.
























Fun: As always Karissa is growing and has become quite a little lady- she is a big help and a BIG tease. She is learning to read and loves to learn- she brings so much fun to our family.



Accomplishment: I worked hard to loose some weight and didn't quite reach what I wanted, but I lost 45 lbs. I feel better and am going to pick back up after the choas of the past few months and work hard at it again.

New achievements: I ran my very first 5K--with Karissa--and didn't come in last!

Frustrations: Ben had a tough semester at school- we are praying it gets better

Struggles: because Ben had a tough semester he had to work less, I had to work more and we've struggled financially- everyone does though!

Tears: my Grandma Fortney died in August. Although she was 2000 miles away most my adult life I spent a great deal of time with her as a little girl- she will be missed and I still shed tears for her.

Loss: my Grandpa Brooks died in December. He was a great man and a wonderful example to me. I looked up to him as a father after mine died and there will always be something I have lost with him not around.



BUT...2012 is going to be GREAT! THAT is my resolution this year! I am going to do everything I can to have a great year. I am going to set goals and work hard to achieve them. I am going to continue to better myself and my family all that I can and make it the best that I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment