Trying to make Christmas last a little longer this year and help teach Karissa numbers and dates, I decided to do a countdown to Christmas. We made little green and red envelopes and I let her write the dates on each one and I found some quotes for them. We put a special treat inside each envelope and Karissa gets to find the date for the day and Daddy gets to read the quote to the family and we all share the treat. I'm still trying to decide what to do on Christmas Eve, the envelope is ready, but I want to do a special story or read the account of the birth of Christ from the scriptures. My shopping is all done except one gift on order for Ben and I want to enjoy this Christmas season and not rush it away. I've decided to post our daily quotes on here because the envelopes are getting torn and in the way- this way I can keep them and look back and remember what I did when next year rolls around!
Merry Christmas!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment