It's often the little

things
that go unnoticed until we slow

down enough to really see them
!





Monday, August 9, 2010

A Dinosaur

Karissa is very curious about the baby in Mommy's tummy. She has said some of the darndest things, but today was super cute. Today is the beginning of week 10 and I was showing her the development and what the baby looks like this week. The doctor gave me a book showing what the baby looks like at each week. I showed her this week and she started looking at the weeks before and asked, "Mom is my baby a dinosaur?"

I told her no, that the baby at those early stages just hasn't grown it's head and neck separate yet, they are all together. She said, no Mom, it's just a dinosaur. It will just still be cute as a dinosaur.

Earlier today I was giving my Mom the boring run down of dinner last night. We were discussing what to fix tonight and I told her my sob story that Ben was going to Barbecue Hamburgers, but we only had 2 hamburger buns that weren't frozen, and with the 3 of us we decided to cook hotdogs instead. Karissa said, "Mom there are 4 of us in my family now, You are #1, I am #2, Dad is #3 and the baby gets to be #4"

The other day I was telling her that when the baby is grown, we'll go to the hospital and they'll get the baby out of my tummy and we'll be able to see it. She told Ben. Dad, when the baby is all grown in Mom's tummy, the Doctor will rip Mom's belly open and take the baby out. Then, they'll give Mom a new tummy.

My favorite is she tells the Baby good night I love you! She is going to be such a great big sister! I love her to pieces!

1 comment:

  1. SO Cute!!! Addie used to say the doctor would rip me out and then zip me up! They get such crazy ideas sometimes!

    ReplyDelete