It's often the little

things
that go unnoticed until we slow

down enough to really see them
!





Thursday, July 2, 2009

Really Bad at this

OKAY- Time just flies by too fast and lately I just can't seem to accomplish everything when I am in the office before 4:30 rolls around. CRAZY. It is time to sign up for elections, so I have been putting together canidate books. I have just 10 minutes to sum it all up. I painted my bathroom last week and it turned out pretty good. Karissa rubs the walls and says Mommy we pant it blue! She had a blast helping me. Then one day Ben went to go to work and there was a puppy on our front porch, Karissa of course adopted it and fell in love with "her" puppy. I found the owner and she was mad at me. When we got home from taking the puppy to it's rightful owner she told me to sit down and don't talk. She called Ben crying and told him Mommy took away my puppy. Ben promised her that if she was good he would get her a puppy, so that night we treked our way to Palmyra and bought Karissa a puppy-Sarge. He's cute and a little escape artist. Last Friday we went camping with Ben's Dad to his ward campout. It was fun to get away, but I don't know hardly anyone and Ben left me to play in the dirt with Karissa while he went for a bike ride, which was okay. I know a few people and the ones I do know were really nice to invite me to join their conversation, but Karissa demanded that I dig in the dirt with her instead. I guess the joy of having a child is you can relive your childhood and no one questions why you are digging in the dirt. Saturday we got home and hurried and showered and went to dinner at one man band and went to the Pagent with Ben's Dad and Mom and Sister. As always, I cried. I just love the spirit that is felt when Christ blesses the children. I can't help it. I start thinking about my blessings and am grateful for what I have. This weekend it sounds like we are going to Scofield to watch the fireworks over the water-I think I'd prefer to stay home and sleep, but it's an out, so I'll go and I have a fishing license this year, so I guess I might as well use it. Ben got a new church calling. He is the first counselor in the Young Men's Presidency, he's not thrilled about it, but I know that if he will get involved he will love it. Guess my 10 minutes is all but up, I'll try to get some new pictures posted soon! As I said I'm really bad at this.

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear from you again!! I was wondering if you were still alive up there! Ben will do AWESOME in his new calling! He is perfect for it! Those boys will love him and he will do so much good!!! I'm glad to hear you have a fishing liscense this year because you and I have a fishing record to uphold!!!! You are so nice to get Karissa a dog! Addie keeps telling us she wants one, but I'm a sissy and I just cant bring myself to do it! Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete