It's often the little

things
that go unnoticed until we slow

down enough to really see them
!





Friday, May 1, 2009

The search continues

Well, it's been a little over a week since Ben went back to work and the seach continues for a new job. They basically told him that they didn't have the money to buy parts yesterday so he was so mad about it all that he doesn't care where he finds a job-today may be different, but not much. Yesterday Karissa and I went grocery shopping-the first time in a long time that just the two of us went by ourselves. I think I did pretty good I spent $59.64 and I saved $75.10. The grocery smarts has been really fun (now that I have a hang of it- a little at least). It was fun to spend time with her. We went to lunch and I just got a water and her kid's meal came with a drink. I got her fruit punch and she took a sip of it and spit it out all over her shirt- the cutest one she has of course- and told me mommy I want a water-this is yukky. Then, when we were shopping and I asked her if she wanted to pick out a treat because she was being so good she jumped on the little kids patio chairs and said ya' this my treat. I guess I've got the only 2 year old who'll pass up fruit punch and a treat for water and a chair. Who'd ever guessed. I've only worked about 15 hours this week, so it has been a really nice change. I've started into some deep house cleaning, which has been much needed for probably 9 years now, it's amazing what junk collects over time and how fast that time goes by.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, children. Of course she would spit red punch all over her cutest outfit! That's how they roll! At least she's easily entertained and easy to please! I totally get the house cleaning thing. I can't figure out where all of this stuff came from. When we moved in it seemed so empty. Mom told me in a few years I would wonder what happened to the space, but I didn't think it would happen that fast! I need to do my deep cleaning as well, but everytime I think I'm going to start I decide to check my blog first, and then I am totally distracted far too long to get into something as complicated as deep cleaning. So here we sit in our "desperately need to be cleaned" house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally know what you mean. Our house felt empty for sure when we moved in three years ago and then when we had to move to Cedar City it felt like we had way to much stuff and had to down grade house sizes. I get way to evertained by checking my blog or something on the internet. I have only live here for five months and I don't know where to start and I need to go through some things for sure.

    ReplyDelete