Monday, May 4, 2009
The Outcast
Ben and I got talking about the 'good ol' days' yesterday and as I was listenening to all the things he used to do when he was younger and all the friends that he had and all the people he hung around with and I began to feel like the outcast. He has so many fun memories and good experiences and I only have a small handful. I realize that I have him now, but it makes me feel like maybe I missed out on a few things while I was younger, and I'll admit I'm a little jealous of all the girls he hung out with. I had my few close friends in high school, and went through a couple of different groups before I found them, but I always felt like I was the third wheel until I established who my real friends were. I wouldn't turn back time now, but maybe growing closer to that 30 mark makes you feel a little like your youth is lost. All the things my friends and I did were a lot of fun and when Ben and I started dating (both times) we did a lot of fun things too, I guess I just was feeling sorry for myself and wishing that maybe I'd done a few more things and maybe been a little more outgoing before life happened and I settled down for good. I guess I'll have to plan some fun stuff for the 'good ol' days to come'. Anyone want to join in or have any great ideas???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm in!!! Funny thing, I was kinda feeling the same way a couple of days ago! Maybe it is an age thing!! I'm glad we finally found each other because you are my sister from another mother! We have had a lot of fun things together, but I have been thinking about the almost trip to Capital Reef. I wish we would have just gone! We would have had fun. We should make that trip happen! I feel like my whole life passed without me. I can't seem to make the days count anymore. But like you said, maybe we can make the good ol' days happen now!
ReplyDeleteI am game with it. I am feeling the same way. I hit that mark before you guys do. Maybe just leave the kids with their dads. We should have gone to Capital Reef. That would have been so much fun. Nate and I have been over quite a few times since we lived close. Now we visit Zions alot. I am totally game. We can even bring families.
ReplyDelete