It's often the little

things
that go unnoticed until we slow

down enough to really see them
!





Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The current life of the single, married, working wife and mother

I don't know what it is about me the last little bit. I feel overwhelmed and frustrated. I feel like everything I do is wrong and I can't make anything right. I know I frustrate Ben, I must because I frustrate myself. I knew life wouldn't be easy, but lately I've been looking for the "worth it" part. I've felt like I have this little devil on one shoulder and a soft spoken angel on the other and the devil is so stikin' loud that I have to force myself to hear the angel. I've been trying to prepare a being prepared lesson for our family night next Monday and finally saw a ray of hope when Karissa forced me to open the ensign. That was a big sigh of relief, but now I'm just frustrated because I know I need to do better to have my family prepared-ugh! It's a never ending circle of frustration. I feel like all my female emotions that have been building up for a year came back to me all at once. Work of course doesn't help because I've been stressed about the budget, and annexation and now it's June and I have to do the audit and prepare for elections. So much for part time. We are also working on the master plan which they want done by November. I started it in May and generally it takes about a year to finish. I never seem to have the time I want to spend with the kids and unfortunately sometimes housework has to come first because people need clothes to wear and clean dishes to eat. I know I shouldn't complain, but if I can get it all off my shoulders and out there in space maybe it will all float away and never come back. I just need to pull my head up, dust the devil off my shoulder and grin and bear it-I need to find my smile that has to be hiding somewhere in the pile of dirty clothes or dishes. This block of classes for Ben has been really intense and he hasn't been able to spend the time that he needs on his homework-that makes me feel bad. He goes to school, goes to work, comes home has dinner spends a few minutes with the kids, does his homework, feeds the dog, goes to bed and starts all over again. We have a few incoherent morning minutes before he leaves for school to talk without the kids around- and lately it's just not enough; thus the feeling of being single- or more sometime the maid. Life is definately a roller coaster ride and I've hit the bottom of the loop- hopefully I am on my way back up. Sorry to everyone who read this for my constant complaints. I love and care very much for my family and hope that through all this craziness they know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment